PLBrasil Group | May 27, 2019
The Digital Accounting Bookkeeping incorporates the previous Daily Cash Book, Ledger Book and Daily Trial Balance Book as a modern initiative proposed by the Brazilian government in order to streamline the relationship between the State and their Taxpayers through the SPED system.
Obligation to comply:
- Legal entities taxed based on the Actual Profit Method;
- Legal entities taxed based on Deemed Taxable Income which distribute for a profit purpose, without incidence of Withholding Tax (IRRF), a part of the dividends or profits greater than the value of the tax base, deducted from all taxes and contributions to which the entity is subject;
- Legal entities that are immune and exempt that, due to the calendar year facts were obligated to present the digital Contribution Bookkeeping according to Revenue Normative Instruction No. 1.252/2012;
- Entities that opted for the Joint Venture (SCP), as auxiliary book of the ostensive partner.
It is important to highlight that the non-financial activity during the calendar year does not imply exemption from presenting the ECD
- Legal entities that opted for the Actual Profit Method which maintained the bookkeeping in the 2018 cash book;
- Legal entities that opted for Simplified Taxation System designed for the micro or small Brazilian business. Although, the exemption is not applicable if micro or small business have received capital contribution according to the Articles 61-A – 61-D complementary Law No. 123 of 2006;
- Public bodies, municipalities and public foundations;
- • The dormant legal entities which have not performed during the fiscal calendar year any operational, non-operational, assets or financial activity;
- Legal entities that are immune and exempt that accomplished during the calendar year, incomes, donations, tax incentives, grants, bailouts, plans and similar incomes which the total amount is lower than BRL 1,200,000.00 (one million, two hundred thousand reais) or the proportional amount to the period which refers the accounting bookkeeping ; and
- Legal entities taxed based on Deemed Taxable Income which did not distribute for a profit purpose without incidence of withholding tax (IRRF) part of profits or dividends are higher than the value of the IRRF basis.
Avoid penalties for non-compliance with the deadline. PLBrasil Accouting&Finance provides accounting, financial and payroll services. For further information please contact us through the channels below:
Contact: Anna Paschuino
Tel.: +55 (11) 3292-5050